Invisible Stranger


Invisible Stranger

Collecting Crises on Old Compton Street and Beyond

Contact me

Little Tinker

Currently clicking:
- bboyblues
- bitful
- blue witch
- diamondgeezer
- glitter for brains
- london calling
- naked blog
- troubled diva

Usually Playing:
- ute
- neil and chris
- peter and anna
- june
- kurt

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

www.blogwise.com

Monday, January 12, 2004
Friends In Low Places
Over the weekend I had to act as referee for a friend who's applying for British naturalisation. It was just the usual stuff, stating he was of good character and gainfully employed, and had never harboured any mucky thoughts about the Queen's corgis.

To be honest, I was surprised and quite chuffed when he asked me. After all, there are so many others, some mutual friends, who have known him much longer than I have. I was slightly less chuffed when I discovered I was being asked solely because I was about the only one in this particular shared circle who didn't possess a criminal record.

Sometimes I think I should be a little more selective over my choice of friends.