Invisible Stranger


Invisible Stranger

Collecting Crises on Old Compton Street and Beyond

Contact me

Little Tinker

Currently clicking:
- bboyblues
- bitful
- blue witch
- diamondgeezer
- glitter for brains
- london calling
- naked blog
- troubled diva

Usually Playing:
- ute
- neil and chris
- peter and anna
- june
- kurt

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

www.blogwise.com

Thursday, October 16, 2003
Dead Giveaway
Today, after receiving the nineteenth unreasonably and impossibly deadlined telephone "request" from Someone Upstairs who pays my salary, I penalty-kicked my company phone across the office in a fit of pique, whereupon it shattered into a hundred corporately-beige pieces. God, try it sometimes! You can't believe just how much fun it is!

My colleagues kept quiet about it, naturally. They're used to me. Earlier that morning, they'd already seen me KO one of our malfunctioning laser-printers into inactivity, and apparently they're just about to sell ringside seats to tomorrow's encounter with the engineer.

Besides, in my immediate boss's absence, I'm in charge for the rest of the week. And that's why, I suspect, no-one allowed the words "hungover", "over-reacting", or " drama queen" to slip their lips.

Bet that's what they all thought, though.

And you know what? I think they might just be right.

(You mean, you never guessed?)