Invisible Stranger


Invisible Stranger

Collecting Crises on Old Compton Street and Beyond

Contact me

Little Tinker

Currently clicking:
- bboyblues
- bitful
- blue witch
- diamondgeezer
- glitter for brains
- london calling
- naked blog
- troubled diva

Usually Playing:
- ute
- neil and chris
- peter and anna
- june
- kurt

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

www.blogwise.com

Friday, August 08, 2003
Knock On Wood
As I left home this morning I patted the Scottish gonk on my kitchen window-sill three times for luck, just as I do every morning. Unfortunately, while so doing I knocked over the Saxa, which meant I simply had to bung a bit over my shoulder (the left one, of course: the one where the devil sits). There was a spider waiting for me outside, but, as the rhyme advises, I let it run alive because I want to live and thrive.

Luckily it wasn't the first of the month which would mean my first utterance of the morning would have to be "rabbits" rather than "s**t, isn't it the weekend yet?" (unless, of course, it's April, when it has to be "white rabbits" for the magic to work).

Tonight I'll probably just have a couple of Stellas down the pub. If I was going out clubbing however, I'd have to get ready singing along to Joni Mitchell's "Both Sides Now", and make sure I'm wearing my lucky studded belt. That's what I always do because it's what I did one night back in 97 and I had an absolute blinder, so, who knows, I might have one again. And, of course, if I was buying one of those ten-quid seats at the National, I'd simply refuse to discuss that Scottish play.

Just charming little rituals, my dears, to give my life some structure in the messy, disorganised world in which we live. I mean, it's not like I'm superstitious or anything.