Invisible Stranger


Invisible Stranger

Collecting Crises on Old Compton Street and Beyond

Contact me

Little Tinker

Currently clicking:
- bboyblues
- bitful
- blue witch
- diamondgeezer
- glitter for brains
- london calling
- naked blog
- troubled diva

Usually Playing:
- ute
- neil and chris
- peter and anna
- june
- kurt

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

www.blogwise.com

Wednesday, June 04, 2003
Poor Little Me
What I'd originally imagined to be the result of the excesses of the weekend – it’s not every day a friend turns up out of the blue from Kosovo, you know, and you need to celebrate in the correct manner – proved to be slightly more serious (no, not that serious, and I'm feeling much better now, thank you very much).

So I'm afraid the past couple of days have been spent alternately shuddering with a fever or fitfully snoozing, spread out cadaverously on the zebra skin (don't ask) like a consumptive poet languishing deliciously in a garret near you.

Added to the woe is the fact my block has been without water for three days. The highlight of the day is now a dazed stumble with two plastic buckets down to the standpipe. Consequently, I've been unable to cook, clean or even flush the loo properly. But - I assure you, my dears - I've been having the most marvellous time feeling sorry for myself.