Invisible Stranger


Invisible Stranger

Collecting Crises on Old Compton Street and Beyond

Contact me

Little Tinker

Currently clicking:
- bboyblues
- bitful
- blue witch
- diamondgeezer
- glitter for brains
- london calling
- naked blog
- troubled diva

Usually Playing:
- ute
- neil and chris
- peter and anna
- june
- kurt

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

www.blogwise.com

Saturday, May 24, 2003
Those Were The Days
No prizes for guessing my telly-viewing tonight. A UK newspaper recently called it the "gay Cup Final". They might just be right.

For a song-by-song analysis, commentary, and post-mortem, probably accompanied, I wouldn't be at all surprised, by Excel spreadsheets, obscure statistics, back-stage photos and first-hand gossip, click here or here. As for me, I'll just be anaesthetising myself with ten Stellas before wallowing in the gloriously primary-coloured, big-haired, fluffed-up, sequinned kitsch of it all. (Oh, they sing songs as well, do they? Gosh, I never noticed.)

But it won't be as good as it was in my childhood. None of this post-modern irony in those days. Then we took it deadly seriously. Back when Sandy had bare feet, Cliff had sideburns, and the Mary Hopkin Friendly Society had me as a junior member.

I'm not sure I should have let slip that last piece of information.